perfect pastel zippers
yesterday I finally picked up my new sewing machine and these zippers are giving me some good inspirational vibes. check out my ideas for how to turn these into chic accessories here, here and here.
bath salts in the shape of a cupcake.
I got several of these cuties for Christmas, and although I haven’t been able to use them yet, they’re making my bathroom smell like fresh spring air.
steve madden glitter sandal
since winter has decided not to make an appearance this year, I decided sandals in January sounded like a good idea
more spring time inspiration. and at $2.49, a deal I couldn’t resist
This morning Gianna decided to pull coffee filters out of the kitchen cupboard and left them crinkled all over the floor. Here is how I turned them from trash to treasure..
an old pen gets a new life.
continue reading to see how I did it..
gather your supplies.
the pen and scissors couldn’t make it to the photo shoot :)
1. begin by tying a knot at the back end of the pen 2. spread a thin-ish layer of glue down about the first inch. start by wrapping your hemp tightly over the knot and work your way down. if glue squeezes out just spread it over the hemp with your finger and it will dry clear. (to add a color repeat the first step by tying the new color string over the old string) repeat this process until you reach the end. you can either glue the end piece down over the wrapped part (which is what I did) or tie a knot and glue that securely.
fashioning the flower
this step is pretty simple. take a few coffee filters (I used 2, for a fuller flower use more) and layer them inside each other. play with the edges a bit to get your desired flower. next, push your pen all the way through the middle until it sits where you’d like it on the pen. (it needs to be at least a half inch from the top for the next step). glue it in place on the pen. then add small dots of glue in the middle of your flower to hold the petals in place. now repeat steps 1 and 2 in the previous photo to cover the glued part of your flower.
what a pretty pen
a better shot of the flower
i’m kind of crushing on these right now. they would be cute as a bunch in a cup, or as a thoughtful valentine’s gift. the possibilities are endless, and so are my ideas.
check back for more of these little gems in a variety of colors and strings
Anyone who knows me knows I cannot pass up a good deal. Especially a great deal! I found these shoes (while shopping for someone else) at a local bargain store, which sounds much fancier than Ross. Marked down from $70 I picked these beauties up for $11.99. A match made in bargain Heaven.
Jessica Simpson nude patent leather wedge.
I can’t count how many compliments I got on these at my best friend’s bridal shower. What can I say, the ladies love ’em!
1. Here is the dress I will be wearing for my best friend’s wedding.
2. I just love nights like these. This is off our front deck.
3. Fabric inspiration for my new sewing machine!
4. ..and the cutest baby I know
These are just a few of the things I’ve made over the last month.
A hand and body scrub that smells like heaven. (what a cute gift idea)
Hand painted acorns. I put them in a square vase with a candle but the possibilities really are endless
An earring catcher (yes I made that up). You might have seen these on pinterest. This is how mine turned out.